Hey there!! I'm finally back on my blog!! PHEW, it's been a busy couple weeks getting ready for my new bunch to walk in this Tuesday!! I feel like I couldn't sit down, but I'm feeling pretty good now! :) So to get back into the swing of things here, I am linking up Miss Kindergarten and her...
What a great idea for a linky party!!! :) So here goes my 10 things!! Don't forget to grab my Birthday Frame FREEBIE at the end!!!
My 10 Things I've Learned from Teaching:
1. You are NEVER done! No matter how long you work, there are ALWAYS more things you can do! It's exhausting to think about! hah I have to run and workout to channel that down!
2. Gong to Walmart in workout clothes or "around the house" clothes is NOT recommended! You will more than likely run into a student or see one and end up jolting behind a clothes rack to disappear. :)
3. Never throw away anything of worth from your house before seeing if you can use it in your classroom!
4. Certain names I may have wanted for my future children have altered a bit!! :)
5. If you know a parent is talkative, make sure to mention right away that you only have a few minutes to talk due to other obligations! That way you're not wondering how an hour just went by!
6. Keep all food items sealed unless you want furry friends leaving presents around your classroom!
7. Don't leave your purse under your desk especially when you want to keep your money!! Thanks to Dave Ramsey, I had cash! haha I always make sure all the students are out of the room with me now!
8. "Breadsticks" is code word for teacher fun after school! :)
9. Forget about going to Target, Walmart, Meijer, etc. without buying something school related!
10. On a serious note: Teaching is one of the most challenging, rewarding, exhausting, inspiring, and influential careers out there! I'm proud to be a part of it! :)
Wishing everyone a WONDERFUL start to the new school year!!! You are ALL a blessing to so many! How many people can say that they get to influence the world through children?!? We are some very lucky teachers!! :) Happy New School Year!
I found these ideas on Pinterest and decided to make my own!! The paper balloons are FREE on my TPT store. To grab those, click here! I found the giant Pixie Stix at Sam's Club for around $11.50 I believe for 50 of them!! Steal of a deal! I love the idea of the frame since it takes up less space and really lets those students have the spotlight for that month! I'm going to have the kids stand in a group for each month to take their pictures. I will then cut around them and tape the picture to the gray box to make it look almost like 3D. I can't wait!!
Click here to get my Birthday Frame Posters FREEBIE!!! There are plain color versions as well as fun backgrounds!! Take your pick!! :)